Vision of Albany Museum
To become a museum that is an integral part of our community, contributing to the process of nation building through nurturing a society that is aware of the value of its past
and is constructively engaged in the present in order to create a better future.
- To develop representative collections reflecting our social and natural environment with particular reference to the Eastern Cape
- Preserve and hold these collections in trust for the nation
- Enrich our knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the collections through research
- Render our collections accessible and usable to all
- Assert that education for all is integral to all our activities and central to our public service role